Another Easter weekend has come and gone. It was a little bittersweet because with the exception of the Easter Neal and I were in Mexico, this is the first one that I haven't been with a single member of my family. Sadly, this is what begins to happen as everyone grows up and gets married. I'm also vowing to take more pictures. I always have good intentions and make sure camera is packed, but this weekend ran its course without 1 single picture to show for it.
I was off on Friday. Neal had to work so we were still unsure of our weekend plans. I was attempting to sleep in just a little but the dog had other plans. Apparantely, he's on a schedule too and thought it was funny to jump on me and force me to wake up to play with him. We ended up driving to San Antonio Friday night. Poor BJ broke his leg the night before and couldn't get in to see the surgeon because of the holiday weekend. He was a trooper during the Easter festivities but the pain was very visible on his face. Saturday morning we woke up to go for our "long" run. I say "long" because at this point in the half marathon training program its only 4 miles. We decided to take Coleson with us in the jogging stroller. I just have to say that next time I see someone pushing one of these suckers at Memorial, I might just high-five them. It's definetely a lot harder than it looks. Factor in the San Antonio hills of their neighborhood. We ate a great lunch with Vanessa's family and then ended up driving back to Houston that night.
Sunday we woke up to a beautiful day. I have to admit I love all the sun we've been getting but I wouldn't mind a little rain too. Our yard sure could use it. We went to the traditional service on Sunday and were reminded what Easter is really all about. I love me some Cadbury eggs but its amazing to know that Jesus died for our sins so we can have salvation and eternal life. Good stuff!
We had a little Kim Son after church and then went home to nap. We made a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond to finish buying everything that we didn't receive off the registry. Grand total of $470 all redeemable with gift cards. Score! Even have some left over to buy other things with. Armed with Costco/HEB lists and shopping bags, we were disappointed to find both stores closed for Easter. No biggie. They deserve a day off too. I spent several hours putting away wedding gifts. Might be time for another garage sale. We're big on spending money for memories like trips rather than a bunch of stuff in our house, however it's nice to see the place getting a little facelift with all of our new things.
That's a wrap, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment