Saturday, February 16, 2013

LOVE

I LOVE Bear Boulevard.  The LOVE that the staff shows Audrey makes my heart swell.  Audrey brought her teachers the "good" cupcakes for Valentine's Day.  Can't wait until next year when she's in the toddler class and they bring Valentine's for all their little friends.


The baby room doesn't really have a curriculum.  They're babies for goodness sakes. Their curriculum is loving on the babies.  I may or may not have shed a tear when our Valentine's "gift" was waiting for me in Audrey's little cubby.


This may look like nothing to some people but the "Hoo loves you?" owl with her little footprints painted on a paper plate underneath the wings is something I'll treasure forever. 


I LOVE seeing Audrey interact with her little friends in the class.  She rolls on the floor with them and sits at the table with them.  One day she was laying next to another little girl who happened to have a big red bow on her head.  Audrey reached over and grabbed the big red bow and then both of them started giggling. 

I LOVE that Audrey thinks Mack is so funny.  She will get into a full blown belly laugh everytime he runs by.   So far, he appears to be fond of her.  Hopefully he stays as fond of her when she becomes mobile.  Her new trick is to try to sit up like a big girl.  She's decided that laying back in the Boppy is for babies and will pull herself up to sit up.


I LOVE being in an elementary school on Valentine's Day.  It's so cute to see the kids exchange their little Walgreens Valentine cards. 

I LOVE conversation hearts. I bought my obligatory bag this week and about halfway through the bag realized that the messages were written in Spanish.    No, I did not eat the whole bag in one sitting.

I LOVE my new running shoes.  I guess it's my old age but I've developed a heel spur in my right foot. 

I LOVE my happy baby who sleeps through the night.  We really could not have hoped for a more perfect baby.  Makes me afraid that our next one will be a terror.

I LOVE spring-like weather in February.  I hate cold weather. 

I LOVE seeing pictures of daddies and daughters going to Daddy-Daughter dances.  Can not wait for Neal to take Audrey to one of these. 

I LOVE that Bear Blvd has a pseudo-PTA that plans activities for the school.  I went to a meeting last week.  None of the other mommies (and the token daddy that was there) seem to be too crazy.  We planned the activities for the rest of the year.  Signed up to sponsor a day for Teacher Appreciation Week.  And get this, discussed the spring Fundraiser.  Anybody want to buy a Yankee candle from cute baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment