The world's happiest baby turned 8 months old last week.
She's turning into a little girl right before our eyes.
Blue eyes squared
Mama's a dork
Here are some of her new tricks:
- She grabs her bottle from us and holds it herself.
- She can't quite pull herself up yet but she likes it when we help her get in the standing position to play.
- She's starting becoming mobile. She knows how to get on her hands and knees in the crawling position but her only gear right now is reverse. She can travel from one side of the room to the other by scooting backwards and rolling.
- She never stays where I put her when I put her down for the night in her crib. She usually scoots herself to one of the corners of her crib, lays on her tummy, and sticks her booty up in the air.
- Speaking of sleep, she's pretty much weaned herself off her pacifier. Did I mention she was the world's most perfect baby? She also puts herself to sleep at night. After her last bottle, I lay her down listening to the sound machine. She rubs her bunny's ears and drifts off to dreaming.
- The girl likes to eat! She's eating a lot of what we eat now which is making it easier. She's also learning to drink from a straw rather than a sippy cup.
- We've been doing signs with her. She hasn't signed anything back to us yet but I know she's taking it all in. What can I say, she's got a mama who is a SLP and knows way too much about language development. The other day I was hiding objects to see if she would look for them (called object permanence) and she found them all like a champ!
- I love hearing her "talk". Again, probably the curse of the SLP mama, but I smile inside when I hear her babbling a new sound. Of course, one of the most popular string of sounds is "dadadada". No "mama" yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment