Another school year is behind me and another summer is ahead. I must say it was satisfying when my alarm went off on that last day to completely turn the alarm off for good. We had a to work a few extra days this year because of the "no snow" snow days we had back in January. As I was sitting in my empty room waiting for the "ok" that we could leave, I was already brainstorming ideas for next school year. I feel like I finally found "the one" when it comes to my school. I feel blessed to have met all the people I have along the way, but my new little school feels like home. It's on the "short list" for Audrey to attend when she gets ready for kindergarten.
Before our super fun summer could get started, Audrey had to say good-bye to her fabulous teachers. She has blossomed so much this year with Ms. Liz and Ms. Nadia. She even still talks about her infant teacher, Ms. Ana. Those ladies make me feel like Audrey is their favorite. I'm sure they make every parent feel that way, but it's such a relief that I don't have to worry about her there. One day this week, when I went to pick her up, Audrey waved at me and said, "bye mommy" and then ran into the playhouse on the playground.

I can't think of a better way to start summer than a visit to a sno-cone stand. The owner gave the kids some ice to play with while we were waiting for our sno-cones.

Miss Independent was not happy that we had to share a sno-cone. I kept holding the cup to prevent it from spilling and she kept swatting my hand away saying "no, mine".

Here's to a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment