Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We're Licensed!

Neal took off the afternoon so we could finish up some wedding things. We're officially licensed in the great state of Texas to get married. The courthouse is an interesting place. Luckily, more people were in the "criminal business" line than the "marriage license" line. We got our license and the lady asked up to check the spelling of our names. I guess our eyes were playing tricks because we said "Yes, that's correct." Well, when we got back in the truck I was looking at the license (all giggly) and noticed that it said Fergurson instead of Ferguson. We went back in and she was able to fix it for us. We overheard several other couples talking in the office. When the clerk asked one couple when they were getting married, they said "as soon as possible." Then another Mexican lady was there and was trying to explain that her significant other wouldn't be able to attend the wedding but they still needed to get married. I think he might have been either in the country illegally or needed to get to the USA. I'm sure those people hear all kinds of stories!

I also picked up my wedding dress and its perfect. She ended up sewing "bones" into the top to hold it up so it doesn't droop.

After everything was completed this afternoon, I thought I might try to take a nap. Yea right. I am just so excited about all of this, there was no way I was falling asleep. The jeweler called and I'm going to pick my ring up today. I've hated being without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment