Sunday, May 1, 2011

3rd Place

Neal had a triathalon bright and early Saturday morning in Baytown. The night before I had decided I wasn't going to go so I could go ahead and get my long run in on Saturday. I had second thoughts on Saturday morning and ended up going. I'm so glad I got up at another ungodly hour for a weekend and went. Neal placed 3rd in his age group. He's been trying hard to do this for a while and it paid off. The smile on face when get got on the "podium" was priceless.
The rest of Saturday included a nap and some picking up around the house. We had made plans to go out on Saturday with some friends. After eating at Auntie Chang's and walking around Home Depot for an hour, we decided we had had enough fun for one Saturday night and cancelled our plans. I've said it before and I'll say it again. My how things have changed. I had a blast in my 20s but I am so in love with my 30s right now.

This morning we got up early to go run at Memorial. The humidity is definetely back. It was a painful 5 miles and we were pretty slow too. We went to church and I got enveloped in the sermon today. The senior priest did the preaching today. The gist of the message was that its ok to "jump" in life whether it be a new adventure or something that you're terrified of. Jesus will be there to catch you. He related it to a kid learning how to swim when their parents say "jump off the side, I'll catch you." Even God is telling me I really need to learn to swim better this summer. A very friendly couple talked to us after the service and it just confirmed that we're in the right place. I love that this church hasn't been pushy and has let us be as involved as we're comfortable. After church, we went to little Mexican restaurant by my school. Authentic and very good. Oh and cheap. We both had huge plates (hey, we ran this morning)and our bill was $16. Back home for a little siesta before our Costco/HEB trip. Neal worked outside in the yard. Our azaleas that we've had for 2 months are finally in the ground. He was also working in one of the flower beds and broke a sprinkler line. Luckily, it was a quick, easy, cheap fix. Off to bed and ready to take on this week. It's May and that means summer is coming. I can see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment