Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Routines
Yesterday, we had someone clean our house. I've gone back and forth with this issue. I'm perfectly capable of cleaning our house. It's ridiculous how much time it actually takes to clean the whole house when you think about it. We finally gave in and took advantage of this awesome service. We found Fabiola through a friend. I might just start calling her Fabulous Fabiola. What a wonderful job she did. I've also been establishing some routines to help keep our house neat. Neal has actually jumped on board and has been helping. I pray that this isn't just a honeymoon thing. I figure we better give it our best shot setting some routines before we have kids that will turn our house upside down. One thing we've been doing is making the bed every morning. Something I never do but it really isn't that hard. My mom would be proud that I do now. Only took 33 years. The rule is the last one out of the bed is the one who has to make it. Since I get up earlier than Neal to get ready for work, he has had the honor of making the bed most mornings. He actually does it too. We also don't go to bed with dishes in the sink and spend about 5 minutes before bed putting things in their proper home to help with clutter. I fold laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer now instead of letting it pile up on one of the beds. I've heard it takes 21 days to establish a habit so here's hoping the next 3 weeks goes by fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment