Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello TwentyTwelve!

It's here. 2012. I remember when the 21st century seemed so far away and now here we are living in it. 2011 was one of the best years of my life. Many blessings to be thankful for. This past year made me realize that God really does have a plan and I've finally been able to accept that. It's like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Instead of being bummed that I'm not where I thought I'd be at certain ages, I've learned to embrace life and trust God to lead us in the right direction. Much better way to live!

Our New Years Eve was pretty uneventful. We were planning to be in Corpus for the new year and unfortunately had go south a few days early for Tio Tommy's funeral. The burial ceremony was a beautiful military ceremony. We took advantage of our extra time in Corpus and spent some time with Grandma and Ite. New Years Eve came. The Yonkers had a little get together at their house. It was nice to just hang out and not have to be out on the roads with the crazies.

We got up early, sans hangover. Neither of us drank very much on NYE and it made for a much more pleasant drive back to Houston. The drive couldn't have been more perfect. No traffic, blue skies, a 90s country song countdown.

It wouldn't be a new year without a few goals. I started a list in my planner. I always try to make a goal for different areas (physical, spiritual, financial,etc).



So now that our Christmas tree is gone, here's what's in my living room instead. Neal has officially started his Ironman training. His indoor trainer had arrived over the weekend. Something about this just makes me laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment