As they were doing that first round of blood work, we signed consent for a ton of test including one for Cystic Fibrosis. About a week later, I got a phone call from the doctor that said my blood work showed that I am a carrier for a cystic fibrosis gene which meant that we needed to get Neal's blood tested ASAP to see if he had the same carrier gene. If we were both carriers, then the baby would have a 25% chance of having cystic fibrosis. So he had his blood drawn and thankfully his test came back negative so this isn't an issue for us.
We had our 2nd doctor's appointment on March 12, four weeks later. It's funny how 4 weeks can seem to drag by and fly by at the same time. Our next appointment is April 10 which seems like a long time away but I know it will be here soon.
Neal got caught up at work so my Mom ended up going to the appointment with me. I wasn't expecting to get another ultrasound but the nurse was having trouble picking up the heartbeat with the Doppler machine so I got a surprise ultrasound. There the little thing was. Its little heart flickering on the screen. It was moving its arms and legs around. Reminded me of Neal on the dance floor!
No comments:
Post a Comment