Thursday, June 7, 2012

24 Weeks

24 Weeks. Also known as Viability Day meaning that if the Little Lady decided she was ready to come into this world, there would be about a 50% chance that she would make it and the doctors would take all measures to sustain her life. Although it's a big milestone, it's still scary to think about. So listen to your Momma little lady: your timer has not gone off yet and you still have a few months left to cook!




I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Her heart is beating strong at 140 and today was the first day they've measured my belly. My doctor and I talked about things like scheduling a tour of the hospital, options for pain management during the birth, and pediatricians. It gets more real everyday. I also had to drink the Glucola to see if I'm at risk for gestational diabetes. Fingers crossed my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing. My weight and blood pressure are normal and I've only had a tiny bit of swelling. We'll know the results next week.

The crazy dreams have returned. A least they're not scary (yet), just weird. The most recent dream I had involved all my teeth falling out one by one in a bloody mess. I woke up freaked out and quickly ran my tongue along my teeth to make sure they were all there.

Neal finished painting Baby Girl's room last weekend. Now it's time to change out all the electrical fixtures and put the furniture together. I can't wait to see it all come together.

She's moving around a lot. There's one particular spot to the right of my belly button that I can pretty much be guaranteed to feel something there. Not sure itf it's an arm or a leg. Neal even got to feel a tiny little kick the other day.

Only 16 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment