Sunday, June 24, 2012

26 Weeks

26 Weeks. Almost to the 3rd trimester and she's about the size of a head of lettuce. Now I know what people were talking about when they said pregnancy flies by. The beginning seemed to drag by. It seemed like forever until we had our first doctor appointment to make sure Baby was doing ok in there. The first trimester was a little nerve wracking because everyday you're thinking, Is everything ok? Now we're to the point where we're thinking about how soon this Baby will be here. My due date is about 14 weeks or 98 days away. We're going on the hospital tour and taking childbirth classes soon. A dear friend went with me to register this week. I'm grateful for her knowledge and expertise. Here's the growing bump:

No new physical symptoms. Just the usual: lots of kicking, no stretch marks (yay!), belly button still an "innie". Some of the weirdo dreams have come back. One was I was in another town (I think it was Washington DC) and started bleeding. We went to the hospital and the doctor was eating Cheetos and wouldn't help me. He gave me a rental car that had ketchup packets in the door panels. Then I had another one where Dr. McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy was doing my 3D ultrasound. I asked him is she was still a girl and he said "Nope, she grew a weiner."

Mom has been here the past few days helping get Baby Girl's room ready. I laugh inside because we're getting this perfect room together and she really won't be in there much at the beginning. She'll be in our room for a while. It's still fun. Neal painted the walls a few weeks back. We've put together the crib, a bookshelf/storage unit, and a dresser. Mom made the crib bedding which I love.

I don't think Girlfriend is going to have trouble finding something to wear. Really must stop buying clothes but they're just so darn cute.

Neal wrapped this piece of fabric around Mack last night. Doesn't he look thrilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment