Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2 Weeks Old

Audrey turned 2 weeks old on Monday. We're finding our way. Some days/nights are better than others. I've learned that your body starts to adjust to being sleep deprived. We're finding our new normal and wouldn't trade it for the world.



Her nasty cord finally fell off this week. I was so happy to see this thing go.


She has several facial expressions that melt my heart. I haven't caught it on camera yet, but my favorite is when she's waking up and she raises her eyebrows while pouting her lips out. She's also starting to smile in her sleep. Probably gas or something but it's really cute. Can't wait to see her smile at us.


I had my first post partum appointment with my doctor this week. My incision is healing properly. Still only walking as exercise and can't lift anything heavier than the baby. I'm a pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight. They weren't kidding when they said breastfeeding burns mega calories. I've lost 25-30 pounds in the past 2 weeks. However I was the heaviest I've ever been when I got pregnant so I still have a ways to go to my happy weight. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment