Thursday, August 12, 2010

Under Construction

So today is my first day back at work. It actually felt good to go back and I'm excited to what's in store for this year. Since our school was built in 1938, the process of building a new school began over the summer. It was weird driving up this morning to see several buildings totally gone and we have a new area to park in. They've also moved in a village of portable buildings, lovingly known as the "condos". I am in the same room as last year. I was so excited last year to walk into this room and see a window. Nothing beats natural light. To my surprise the window has now been boarded up since construction is happening right outside my window. Looking at the big picture, our new school will be so nice even if all I heard this morning was dump trucks and hammering. I'm coming off the high of a great summer and trying to transition to my "thinking" hat. This morning I was just sitting in my room thinking of ways to arrange it. Here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment