Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Weekend

The sun is setting on another weekend. They never seem quite long enough but I know if we had 3 day weekends every weekend, we would just be praying for 4 day weekends. Friday night was pretty uneventful for me. Neal went to happy hour with some friends so I enjoyed some quiet time. Saturday morning, Mack and I went to Memorial for a run in this beautiful, cool weather. Then the fun really began.
Just add tub grout remover to my resume. We spent a fair amount of time at the condo this weekend. Seems like everytime we complete something, 3 new things magically appear for us to do. I'm chalking it up to free pre-marital counseling. Boy do we learn a lot about each other and how to deal with stress. We've had a few showings so hopefully we get a tenant soon. I continue to pray about it, hard.

We took engagement picture Saturday afternoon. I didn't know if I would like having our pictures made but it was a lot of fun. I think I've struck gold with our photographer and she's not costing an arm and a leg. She took us to some cool locations around Dayton. Can't wait to see the proofs! We stopped in Humble to eat at an old stomping ground, El Jalepeno. The manager said, "Hey, we haven't seen you in a while!" The days of singing karoke there until all hours of the night were fun, but I'm glad that part of my life is over. Great memories!

We went back to Holy Spirit today. I like it more each time I go there. We go to the contemporary service where its ok to wear jeans. I had my jeans on this morning and then changed before we left. Just couldn't quite do it yet. Maybe soon. Finished reading this amazing book called Redeeming Love over the weekend. It's a story about God's unconditional love for us.

A lot of stuff didn't get done this weekend, but oh well. It will eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment