Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thirty-Three

Happy Birthday to me! It's hard to believe I'm 33 years old. I certainly don't feel that old. My 20s seem like a blur of bad decisions, late nights, and heartbreaks. Now it seems like I'm really living my life.
Today was a pretty good day despite the freezing temperatures and Neal being in Vegas this week for work. I walked into school and one of my favorite little boys told me Happy Birthday. He's been asking me everyday if its my birthday yet. He also told me he couldn't bring me my gift yet because its still in the oven. Hmmm...wonder what that's all about.
Around noon, the front office called me and said I had something waiting for me. Neal sent this cake flower arrangement with a sweet note attached. This was extra special since this is the first time he's given me flowers. I may or may not have been dropping hints the past month that I would like flowers one day. And yes, I lit the candles tonight and made a wish while I blew them out.

I was supposed to go try on my dress today but called Ms. J and told her I would come by on Friday. It was so cold this afternoon. All I wanted to do was go home and put warm clothes on. The past few days have been an excitement of birthday cards and RSVPs in the mail. I love getting the replies in the mail and reading all the sweet responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment