Monday, April 30, 2012

18 Weeks



How far along: 18 Weeks

How big is baby: Sweet Potato. I told Neal this on Friday morning and he said, "oooh, sweet potato fries sound good."

Total weight gain: So far, so good.

Sleep: There's this ridiculous body pillow called the Snoogle that I'm trying to avoid buying. I've been getting leg cramps and wake up with sore hips and knees. Now I'm sleeping with a grand total of 4 pillows positioned in various areas of my body. I think I have it figured out.

Best moment of the week: A little girl at school told me "Gee, you're looking a bit pregnant today." The kids at schools (mostly the girls) are obssesed with this baby. They're constantly coming by my room telling me if they think it's a boy or a girl. For some reason I don't mind them touching my belly either. It's cute to hear them talk to the baby. I also got to visit with new baby Sultenfuss this week. It was neat getting to hold a newborn.

Food cravings: Chick-fil-a lemonade. I've been wanting a sno-cone too.

Food aversions: All good here.

Symptoms: Leg cramps, itchy belly. On days I can take a nap after school, I'm much better person to be around.

Movement: Lots of flutters and one swift kick.

Gender: Thinking girl again. I think not knowing is messing with my head.

What I’m looking forward to: Getting the baby room ready. I've changed my mind a lot but I'm really stuck on Eric Carle now. Bright colors that would work for either a boy or a girl. Dreams: The pregnancy dreams have been crazy! I thought wedding dreams were bizarre, but these are in a different class. Lately, I've dreamt that Mack was eaten by a goat in our house, then I was feeding the baby except the baby had Mack's head. The most recent one is that I spent the summer in Seattle because it was so hot in Houston.

Next appt: May 10


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment