Monday, January 21, 2013

4 Months

We now have a 4 month old.  Just when we think it can't get any better, it does.  This little girl has seriously won our hearts and I can't even remember life without her here.  She laughs.  She squeals.  She makes weird noises from the back of her throat.  She drools.  She licks toys (and anything else she can manage to get in her mouth).  She sleeps 9-10 hours at night.  She sits in her high chair at the table and watches us eat.  She plays with her feet.  She poops.  A lot.  
 


 
Oh my, her noggin is getting too big for her bow.
 
We gave in and brought out as what I lovingly refer to as the "baby seizure" machine.  So many activities to choose from.  I swear those Baby Einstein people must have ADD/ADHD. 
 
Audrey had her 4 month check up with Dr. Shuman which included another round of vaccinations.  I swear I saw a tear this time on her little cheek.  Once again, I didn't cry which is surprising since I've cried over 2 TV shows this week (both involving babies/pregnancy) and one of my students at school.  The roller coaster ride of hormones continues.   Little miss is in the 14th percentile for height (sorry Audrey, you've got 2 shorties for parents), 38th percentile for weight, and 85th percentile for head circumference. So 23 1/4 inches long, weighs 13 lbs 4 oz, and her head is 16 3/4 inches around.   Dr . Shuman seemed a little concerned that she wasn't gaining weight fast enough but not me.  I think her height/weight percentiles are proportionate to each other. Looks like we might have a petite girl on our hands.  The "charts" predict that she'll be about 5'2" as an adult.  Again, not surprising since she's got the "short" genes.  We're going to give her a little more milk in her bottles for school.  She's wearing 3-6 and 6 months clothes.
 
We've also been blessed that the transition to daycare has been such a good experience. I am so thankful the school district provides a bright, clean, happy environment for our babies.  You can tell the ladies love the babies and treat them like their own.  I remember visiting one of the church daycares when I was evaluating a student and the whole place smelled like pee as soon as you walked in.  Ick.  At Bear Boulevard, you have to walk through the toddler room to get to the infant room and it's so cute to hear the 1-2 year olds say "Audrey mommy" when I walk in the door.  The highlight of my day is definetely going to pick her up.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment