Sunday, August 14, 2011

No Help


Over the summer, I read the book The Help. I didn't realize it was such a popular story. Karen had it at her house and so I borrowed it. The book was one of the best I've read in a long time and f-u-n-n-y! I knew the movie was coming out and it's no secret that I love reading a good book and then seeing the story on the big screen. Fast forward to today. Jen and I made a "date" to go see the movie this afternoon at the Greenway Plaza movie theater. The movie was starting at 3:50 so we were meeting at 3:30 because I hate being late to a movie. I won't go if I have to walk in late. The traffic around the theater was awful. No parking on the street and I didn't have cash for the "cash only" garage. Which left me to valet. $9=highway robbery but you do what you have to do. I pulled up to the valet and told them I would pay when I left in hopes there was an ATM inside. When I went to the window to buy the tickets, all the shows were sold out with the exception of the really late ones. I went back out to get my car and explained that I had only been there 5 minutes and my movie was sold out. My car was still sitting in the same place but they wouldn't give me the keys until I paid. Seriously? I argued with them for a few minutes and then went back in to find the ATM. Nine dollars later I got back in my car. I'm calling to complain to the company for sure. We decided that maybe we could go to another theater to see the movie. Same situation at the Silber theater. Sold out! I gave up and decided it wasn't meant for us to see the movie today. Maybe in a few weeks, I'll get to see it once the hype goes down.

On a separate note, my fortune cookie from lunch said "You will get exciting news on Saturday." Hmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment