2011 has started out pretty good. No complaints from the first week. We arrived back into Galveston on Monday around 8 and I was at work by 10:30. No rest for the weary. With all the days I'm taking for the wedding, I really didn't want to take that day unless I had too.
Since we're less than 3 months away from the wedding and I was in the 160s coming back from the cruise, I decided to go visit my old friend Weight Watchers on Tuesday. They have a new program which includes free fruits. Although I'm not supposed to weigh until next Tuesday, I've cheated and jumped on the scale a few times. As predicted, its working like a charm.
Yesterday afternoon, VTXW invited the staff to go see The King's Speech. The movie is about King George VI who stammered and his speech therapist who helped him. I was the only one that went with Bill & Judy, but I didn't mind since Neal is not a movie person and I jumped at this chance to go. The movie was awesome and made me really proud to be a SLP. Although I think my days in the school setting might be numbered, I really do love the profession and am very thankful that God sent me down that road.
No comments:
Post a Comment